2020 Vision – Employee Engagement
Engaging your people with your 2020 vision through the power of purpose and connection
In our last blog we discussed employee engagement and how to reengage with your company as an individual employee and as an employer. We posed the question of who’s responsibility engagement is? Is it the employee or the employer? If you are a company striving for year on year growth – you will want to take ownership of what you can influence. We would like to focus on the importance of engaging your people with your 2020 vision through the power of purpose and connection.
It doesn’t matter what size of organisation you are or the size in which you aspire to be, managing your people and their performance is an essential part of the day to day. When it comes to people engagement it should be personalised as far as possible. Leaders must explain organisational priorities to staff and ensure that individual’s goals are understood in relation to contributing to the overall goals of the company. If everyone knows how their day to day work fits into the overall plan, it will help to boost engagement which in turn boosts productivity.
“(S)He who has a why to live for, can bear almost any how.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
When business success and personal success are intertwined, organisations can harness the full potential of their talented teams and drive the business forward from the bottom up. When a business clearly communicates their vision, they enable staff to be on the same page and it gives them the opportunity to share input on the direction of their business. For many employees today, especially millennials, turning up to work, performing a task and collecting a paycheck is not enough. They want to feel that the work they do matters, that is it has a purpose and that their organisation is committed to values and goals that they share. Build structure within your business that encourages personal growth and development, with opportunities to apply that learning back into the business.
One way of clearly communicating your business goals that you may be considering is through teambuilding and employee conferences. Here at Chilli (for larger groups of 25+) we help you with your new product launch, sales kick off or annual employee event where you want to have a true impact on your people and the bottom line.
“With a Chilli Conference, we (the client) now had the opportunity to bring our people together, deliver a clear message and get a return on our investment; through employees being energised and focused to contribute to the overall company strategy” CEO, SaaS Provider
We currently deliver conference events to support:
- Product Launches: Skills, training, engagement
- Business Strategy Communication: Engagement, clarity, confidence, motivation
- Innovation and Idea creation: Engage wider workforce in identifying workplace improvements
- Engagement & Celebration: Successes, milestones, achievements
- Up skill Leaders & In-house Teams: Skills and behaviour development
How do we create a ROI for your conference?
- We take the pressure off the senior leaders and internal resource to organise the event. This time saved is valuable in fast growing businesses with limited spare time
- We work with the senior team to create, polish, hone presentation skills; as much or as little that is required. Again, speeding up the time to create a powerful, consistent message and delivery
- We create activities based around your business strategy to link the corporate message to individual action. Creating a halo effect back within your business of engaged employees, who know how to play their part in delivering the business strategy
- Easy budgeting potentially accessible from different internal “pots” and consolidated costs
There are many other ways to communicate your business’ vision. The key is to be clear & concise about the vision, the path you will take to achieve it and what each individuals role is with delivering that. Conferences give an opportunity for employees to share an input on the direction of the business and helps them develop a deeper feeling of investment in the business’ success.
If you would like to explore more get in touch here and let us know what you need and we’ll work with you to make it happen.